We are a Christian Child Sponsorship Program, empowering older children (ages 15+) in Uganda to complete their education through sponsorship. Along with their education, we seek to help each child develop spiritually, physically, socially and mentally. Read More
"When planning for a year,
When planning for a decade,
When planning for life,
train and educate people."
In our relief programs we participate in the needs that are important to the community. These communities lack clean water, medical care and mosquito nets. Working hand in hand with a local church, we offer training in proper hygiene and seek to provide what is lacking.
Building a Future and a Hope
Jonathan and Jackie Sewava have sent us a special report on the camp held for our sponsored students of African Hope Children's Ministry.The students were brought by bus from the Nakasongola District to a camp by Lake Victoria.For the majority of these young people, it is quite an adventure and a bit overwhelming to be so far from their village.The students had special days of group discussions, counseling and prayer.
Jonathan said that the students had such a wonderful time and that they were so humble, helping in the kitchen and showing leadership qualities.Our desire is to give these students a positive influence and to plant good seeds so that they will grow into great leaders.
Prior to the camp, Jonathan reported on their trip to a village called Nabittakka.Sanitary pads were distributed to the ladies as part of the Dignity Project, made possible by First Baptist Church of Bossier City, Louisiana. Jackie and Doreen counseled the women and were received with such joy.
Jonathan shared Unreached Africa's goals for 2014:
- 1. To have two new church plants in two different communities.
- 2. New students registered into the sponsorship program from these church plants.
- 3. 2 new water wells (thank you to First Christian Church of Lufkin, Texas and to Dunbar Elementary School and Brandon Elementary School of Lufkin for their efforts to bring a new water well)
- 4. For students to graduate as Job Creators rather than Job Seekers and giving them opportunities to intern with electric, water and building companies
- 5. A meeting with parents/guardians to update student information.
- 6. Mobile Bible Training
- 7. Our heart's desire remains to give these students a future and a hope in Jesus' name.
Letter to Our Contributors 2014
A Promise of Hope
We salute Stockwell Place Elementary School in Bossier City, Louisiana for their passionate efforts to raise $11,000
to drill a well in the Nakasongola District of Uganda. The school held a walkathon on May 2nd, 2013 to bring attention
to the need for clean water. We also would like to applaud the students from Meadowview Elementary School in
Bossier City who came alongside and helped.Not only did the students accomplish their goal, but they exceeded it by
raising the money for two wells!!Hurrah!!
Stockwell's Well (Click to see the video)
VIDEO: Courtesy Of KTBS.com
VIDEO: Courtesy Of KTBS.com
We are a 501(c)(3)public charity. All your donations are tax exempt.