Jonathan and Jackie Sewava have sent us a special report on the camp held for our sponsored students of African Hope Children’s Ministry. The students were brought by bus from the Nakasongola District to a camp by Lake Victoria. For the majority of these young people, it is quite an adventure and a bit overwhelming to be so far from their village. The students had special days of group discussions, counseling and prayer.
Jonathan said that the students had such a wonderful time and that they were so humble, helping in the kitchen and showing leadership qualities. Our desire is to give these students a positive influence and to plant good seeds so that they will grow into great leaders.
Prior to the camp, Jonathan reported on their trip to a village called Nabittakka. Sanitary pads were distributed to the ladies as part of the Dignity Project, made possible by First Baptist Church of Bossier City, Louisiana. Jackie and Doreen counseled the women and were received with such joy.
Jonathan shared Unreached Africa’s goals for 2014:
- To have two new church plants in two different communities.
- New students registered into the sponsorship program from these church plants.
- 2 new water wells (thank you to First Christian Church of Lufkin, Texas and to DunbarElementary School and Brandon Elementary School of Lufkin for their efforts to bring a new water well)
- For students to graduate as Job Creators rather than Job Seekers and giving them opportunities to intern with electric, water and building companies
- A meeting with parents/guardians to update student information.
- Mobile Bible Training
- Our heart’s desire remains to give these students a future and a hope in Jesus’ name.